The Safety and Health Unit of the Mahatma Gandhi Institute is engaged:
- To ensure full compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act 2005 (OSHA 2005) and related regulations.
- To create a safe and healthy environment and
- To promote a safety culture among the staff members of the Institute.
SAFETY AND HEALTH POLICY
Our statement of general policy is:
- To develop a safety culture at the Mahatma Gandhi Institute;
- To provide and sustain a safe working environment;
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their Safety and Health;
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees;
- To design and implement appropriate Safety and Health training programmes;
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health; and
- To review and revise this policy as and when necessary and at regular intervals as decided by the Safety and Health Committee and the MGI/RTI Council.
Safety and Health Activities:
- Monthly Inspection
- Safety and Health Committee
- Accident/Complaints Investigation
- Toolbox Talks and Training
- Fire Drill Exercise
The Mahatma Gandhi Institute had been engaged in the protection and prevention against the highly contagious disease. Prior to resumption of work, employees were provided with a sanitary guideline devised by the Safety and Health Unit and necessary provision for sanitary products, such as; mask, hand sanitizer, etc. were provided to each employee.