Centre for Research
The Centre for Research was established to help contribute to the implementation of the Institute’s Research Policy Framework (RPF) approved in October 2019 by the MGI & RTI Council. Set up on 25 September 2020 with the nomination of its Head, the Centre for Research is a newly-added configuration within the organization chart of the MGI. The Centre for Research and its diverse activities will not only contribute to giving a new impetus to the research culture at the Mahatma Gandhi Institute, but will also act as an important tributary to MGI’s effort and determination to obtain a degree-awarding status in the near future.
To create the space, conditions and environment conducive to the boosting up of a robust institutional research culture in line with the existing Research Policy Framework.
- Provide academic support and monitoring to all researchers;
- Provide advice to management and researchers;
- Provide administrative support to all academics in their research endeavours;
- Ensure collection, preservation and dissemination of research outputs.
- Reviewed existing Research Proposal template and circulated same to all academics;
- Prepared an Evaluation Sheet for reviewing academic publications;
- Worked out an Operational Work Plan for the CFR;
- Organised peer-review exercises for research proposals;
- Organised two working sessions with academics, one on practice-related research or ‘Artistic Research’, and the other, on ‘Scholarly Writing’. Many such interactive sessions will be organized on a regular basis during the year.
- Encouraging and advising potential researchers;
- Actively seeking funding agencies;
- Communicating and liaising regularly with all academics on matters related to research via emails and WhatsApp messages;
- Putting higher management in the know regarding research- related matters on a regular basis;
- To organise workshops, seminars and conferences on research methodology and other research related themes for capacity building;
- To create and operationalize a digital database on research and research outputs;
- To organise research forums /seminars/conferences to disseminate research findings.
- To set up two new research e-journals, one for Performing Arts and Fine Arts and the other, Indian Studies and Indological Studies.
JOURNAL OF MAURITIAN STUDIES
ACCESS CENTRE FOR RESEARCH BLOG HERE
ENTER CFR-GREENSTONE DIGITAL LIBRARY DATABASE HERE (intranet access)